Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimkenzie
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 592
Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad Edge E220s multi-media card slot not recognized in Windows 7

Hello: First time on the Forum. Edge E220s running Windows 7 Professional.

A few weeks ago, the multi-media card slot just stopped being recognized by Windows 7.

I insert a card in and - nothing. No light, no whirrs, no clicks, nothing.

I have tried several SD cards, all of which worked previously and which still work fine in my camera. They also work when inserted in a stand-alone USB-connected card reader., so the cards themselves don't seem to be the issue.

Control Panel/Device Manager shows no yellow exclamation points, It's as if it was just no longer physically connected.

I did have an attempt at a battery replacement done at a reputable local shop recently, but don't think the lack of functionality coincided with that repair. I say 'attempt' at battery replacement because there seem to be TWO batteries for this model, and the only one I could find locally (Toronto ) was the wrong one - rectangular, rather than square-ish.  I hope the one coming from China is the right one.

I digress....

Any clues as to where my SD card slot went?

Oh yes - the BIOS update (hujj05ww.exe) mentioned in another post, which I thought might fix the SD card slot issue? Error message - "This process does not recognize this system."

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Jim

jimkenzie
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 591
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad Edge E220s multi-media card slot not recognized in Windows 7

Just asking the question seems to have provided the answer. Just for fun I tried it again and now it works! I swear it didn't before.

Still wondering about the BIOS update, and why there could be two totally physically-different batteries for what appears to be exactly the same model number of computer!

Cheers,

Jim

@jimkenzie wrote:

Hello: First time on the Forum. Edge E220s running Windows 7 Professional.

A few weeks ago, the multi-media card slot just stopped being recognized by Windows 7.

I insert a card in and - nothing. No light, no whirrs, no clicks, nothing.

I have tried several SD cards, all of which worked previously and which still work fine in my camera. They also work when inserted in a stand-alone USB-connected card reader., so the cards themselves don't seem to be the issue.

Control Panel/Device Manager shows no yellow exclamation points, It's as if it was just no longer physically connected.

I did have an attempt at a battery replacement done at a reputable local shop recently, but don't think the lack of functionality coincided with that repair. I say 'attempt' at battery replacement because there seem to be TWO batteries for this model, and the only one I could find locally (Toronto ) was the wrong one - rectangular, rather than square-ish.  I hope the one coming from China is the right one.

I digress....

Any clues as to where my SD card slot went?

Oh yes - the BIOS update (hujj05ww.exe) mentioned in another post, which I thought might fix the SD card slot issue? Error message - "This process does not recognize this system."

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Jim

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors