Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NateG
What's DOS?
Views: 1,339
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad Edge E430 Replacement Screen and Integrated Camera Questions

I read through the manual and am confident that I can take apart the machine, replace the cracked screen and put it back together. I replaced hinges in my old HP and a motherboard in my friends HP. My father was able to get me a great deal on this machine I have now. I put in some extra ram and a 32gb SSD for RapidBoot and I'm pretty much in love. I take great care of it but had an accident and dropped/cracked the screen. 

The laptop was ordered custom so its a bit more of a challenge to find specific information on what the part #'s are. The laptop has working microphones but was not purchased with a webcam which I regret. I would like to replace the LCD panel and install an integrated camera in one fell swoop. 

My questions are: What model number of LCD panel so I need. What model number of camera do I need. And lastly, will I need to purchase a new LCD cable that has the ability to plug into the camera? Or does my current LCD cable have a lone male cable plug waiting for a camera?

Machine Type: 3254

Serial #: xxxxxxx

CPU: i5-3210

HDD: 7200rpm 320gb

Came with 4gb of RAM

Thanks so much! Any advice here would be appreciated

Moderator Note; s/n edited for member's own protection

NateG
What's DOS?
Views: 1,315
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad Edge E430 Replacement Screen and Integrated Camera Questions

No? Nothing?

NateG
What's DOS?
Views: 1,300
Message 3 of 4

If nobody has a clue that would be a fine response when compared to the alternative...lol

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,297
Message 4 of 4

'afternoon.

If you don't have them already, I'd recommend that you grab these files:

http://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/e430_e430c_e435_hmm_en_0b48438_03.pdf

&

http://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkPad/ThinkPadEdgeE430_2012-04-10.pdf

They are the Hardware Maintenance Manual and FRU Bill of Materials, respectively.

Looking at the latter, you'll see the different camera and LCD options that came in the E430, along with their FRU part numbers. These should help you source parts. I didn't see any LCD cable section, so can't comment on whether there's a unique cable for camera-equipped models.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors