Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Konomrd123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,888
Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad Edge E545: Unknown device in Device Manager

Hello there,

I performed clean Windows 7 installation on my Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E545 laptop, I installed all the drivers and Windows updates, however I still have one unknown device in Windows Device Manager that I can't get to work properly. I do not know what the device is and Windows troubleshoot doesn't help at all. I did some googling and checked your Lenovo support and found out that this might be missing Power Management driver but I have installed it and the issue persits. When I go to device's Details tab it lists two Hardware Ids: 1) ACPI\SMB0001, 2)*SMB0001 (screenshot provided).device.pngUnknown device

I have also tried to install AMD SMBUS driver and many others (Synaptics driver) and in the end I got rid of all unkown devices from the Device Manager except this last one. Could you please advise on which driver I might have missed or what steps need to be taken to solve this issue?

Thank you very much in advance,

Michal

Konomrd123
Paper Tape
Views: 1,869
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad Edge E545: Unknown device in Device Manager

Okay, issue solved. It turned out to be my bad (as I expected) and I solved it by installing ThinkPad UltraNav Driver.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors