cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Georgi_S
Punch Card
Views: 597
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad 13 2nd Gen - backlight bleeding?

Hi,

I am Thinkpad 13 user for 2 days now. I've been having pleasent experience with it so far but somehow I am a bit disappointed from the screen. For the record, I bought the one with FHD IPS screen. Since I am a programmer, I spend a lot of time in front of my IDE (editor) and for years I've been using only dark themes with it. The thing that bothers me is the backlight distribution. Because my editor has dark grey background, it looks like that the lower part of the screen is way more lighter compared to the center. Same counts for the upper part but it isn't that prominent like the bottom. That makes the background of my editor to look like some sort of a gradient - light grey, grey, dark grey, light grey. I attached two images below that depict my issue. I guess it has something to do with backlight bleeding and IPS glow. Anyway, I am really not sure whether this is normal for this particular model. The issue is noticable mainly in my IDE however since I am spending a lot of time working with it (as I already mentioned) I am considering to ask the retailer for RMA, if possible. And since I've been reading that backlight bleeding is something common and inevitable at some point, my question is - is this considered normal?

Ps. Regarding the photo - the screen looks better in real.

Untitled-1.pngCreated this image in order to depict how the light distribution looks like in my IDE. It's exaggerated.IMG_20170620_181717.jpgPhoto of the screen in completely dark room with max brightness.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors