cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freedda
Paper Tape
Views: 328
Message 1 of 7

Thinkpad E440 - on screen indicator bars for brightness volume and other functions is missing

About a week ago the indicators which show volume, brightness and other function features disappeared. I can still turn these up and down, but don't have an indicator showing me the levels.

I'd like to know why this happened rather suddenly? And how can I fix it?  

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Highlighted
JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 308
Message 2 of 7

Re: on screen indicator bars for brightness volume and other functions is missing

mind if you write what laptop this is about? since if yours isnt a x series then you posted in wrong section.

freedda
Paper Tape
Views: 302
Message 3 of 7

Re: on screen indicator bars for brightness volume and other functions is missing

cmy product info says 

20C50052US but I don't know what serices that is

freedda
Paper Tape
Views: 339
Message 4 of 7

No on-screen indicator bars for brightness volume and other functions

About a week ago the indicator bar which shows what's happening with volume, brightness, and other functions disappeared, but the functions still work and can be changed. 

Besides adding Skpye and a conexant audio device apps, and usual windows updates, I don't think anything has changed? 

Why did the indicator disappear and how do I get it back? 

Mod's Edit: Merged this thread with existing discussion and moved everything to the correct forum.

freedda
Paper Tape
Views: 299
Message 5 of 7

found out it[s e series and posted there. sorry for mispost

Mod's Edit:  Merged all postings into one thread and moved everything to correct forum.

freedda
Paper Tape
Views: 336
Message 6 of 7

SEE BELOW - PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED: Okay, so problem solved, though I'm not sure what I did exactly.

On the off chance that the conexant audio app was the problem, I uninstalled it. When windows rebooted, i got a message that I had no audio device and that windows was trying to fix the problem. To confirm this, I tried to watch somethng on Netflix and sure enough, no sound.

However, a moment later when i went back to Netflix, I had sound AND the indicator bars have returned, AND the audio device is on my laptop, showing that it was installed (could it be reinstalled?) today! 

freedda
Paper Tape
Views: 287
Message 7 of 7

Okay, so problem is not solved! I went back to the computer just now and without rythme or reason, the indicator bar is now NOT SHOWING UP!!!!! What is happening here? Why can't a seeming essential function of this computer work? 

Regards, David

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors