Did you mean: 
Highlighted
graver1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,113
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad E460 new battery

Hi,

I want to buy a new battery for my Thinkpad E460 but I am unable to google which batteries are compatible. Any advice? 
Best if you could post a link to eshop in Europe, preferably in Slovakia. The more expensive and bigger capacity the better. 
Thank you for your reply!

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,086
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad E460 new battery

Welcome to the forum. 

According to the E460 User Guide and also the Hardware Maintenance Manual, the battery isn't considered to be a customer-replaceable part. For some reason Lenovo wants you to take the E460 to an authorized service facility.

You can find part numbers on Lenovo's Support site. I don't undertstand Slovak so here's how I found part numbers on the Canadian site:

Parts Lookup By Product

Search on E460

Click "Show more" on the left side of page

Select "Rechargeable batteries"

All batteries are 47W 6-cell. The three listed part numbers identify the battery manufacturers that Lenovo uses, Simplo, Panasonic and LG.

You may be able to buy generic batteries on sites like Amazon or eBay but I would discourage you to do so. These batteries are rarely genuine, rarely perform as  well as originals, and may pose safety issues.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors