Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gajan9
Paper Tape
Views: 294
Message 31 of 40

Re: Thinkpad E495 - Lagging and unresponsive keyboard

Just curious if this issue has been resolved for most poeple in the thread or is it still ongoing? I'm very close to buying an E495, but if this is still an issue, then that will be  a deal breaker for me.

nuhgooyen
Punch Card
Views: 274
Message 32 of 40

Hooray!!!! I just installed the newest bios update (1.10) and can confirm that the weird spacing and key switch up has been fixed!!  I will contintue to use it through out the weekend to monitor it, but from the 10 minutes i just spent typing up some stuff, as far as my usual typos go, I definitely feel like this has been fixed.

THANK YOU!!!

gajan9
Paper Tape
Views: 269
Message 33 of 40

Really glad to hear that they got it fixed! Also, thanks for sharing that it helped, since that clears up any trepidation I had about buying this machine.

nuhgooyen
Punch Card
Views: 213
Message 34 of 40

So, for sure the bios update has greatly helped this issue, but I am sitll experiencing it every now and then.. not as often but i tstill seems to be happening

^--- just from that sentence there, you can see "sitll" and "but i tstill" that i typed above.

yes a lot better... but i still am seeing it happen.

anyone else?

hexa-spare
Fanfold Paper
Views: 137
Message 35 of 40

Just a status update on this:

BIOS 1.09: A lot fewer issues but still some, I'd say 1/5 compared to how it was before.
BIOS 1.10: Just installed and so far I haven't seen the jumbled letters problem, but I often get a system BEEP when typing the words "very" or "ever" (although the letters come in alright) and, typing "rty" will frequently lead to a letter "u" being inserted like: "rtuy". This only occurs when I type reasonably fast of course, I'm sure many users will never experience this but still. Not sure if this was already the case on 1.09.

As a programmer and someone who writes a lot I chose Thinkpad for the good reputation of its input devices, and this is a bit disappointing, although it's more of an annoyance than a blocker. I appreciate the efforts from support to improve the situation.

Highlighted
nuhgooyen
Punch Card
Views: 115
Message 36 of 40

I hope someone from Lenovo chimes in again about this

nuhgooyen
Punch Card
Views: 91
Message 37 of 40

Wow, the "rty" happens to me also! I will do it now, using my left hand, ring finger, middle finger and index finger, hitting only R T Y at a fast speed:

"rtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuyrtuy"

ALSO... if you do this with "ert" really fast, you will hear nonstop beeps

"ertretertertertertertertertertertert"

WHAT THE HECK LENOVO?

Lenovo Employee Davey_Lenovo
Lenovo Employee
Views: 59
Message 38 of 40

Hi

Thank you for your feedback, I will check it and feedback it to our Development engineer internally. 

yurtesen1
Punch Card
Views: 39
Message 39 of 40

@Davey_Lenovo will there be a recall for this laptop? The realtek wireless card in it is also working badly on e495/e596.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-13-E-and/Realtek-8822BE-slow-download-speeds-and-c...

Also I had problems with touchpad that pointer was jumping around when I try to click on something using the touchpad button and Lenovo Vantage was updated and lost functionality and I had to downgrade it.

It is a nice laptop, but it has too many trivial problems...

nuhgooyen
Punch Card
Views: 25
Message 40 of 40

Thank You!!! Apologies if my post seemed a bit hostile.. its just been quite frustrating lately.

Again, thank you for looking into the issues that are still happening with the keyboard.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors