Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmisi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,373
Message 1 of 7

Thinkpad E520 screen brightness problem

Hi

I have a brand new E520 and I love it. But there's a quite annoying problem with the screen: it tends to change brightness (it gets brighter or darker in 3 or 4 steps). Could anyone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks.

sangchoi
Paper Tape
Views: 2,343
Message 2 of 7

Re: Thinkpad E520 screen brightness problem

My E520, which I bought about 2 weeks ago, also has a problem nearly like you. When screen returns after turning off for energy saver, its contrast becomes extremely high. I have to wait for a few minutes for it to turn back to normal. Besides, one more symptom is that if I use the buttons for decrease brightness, the lowest level is 2, not 1. I found that it's the Thinkpad Video Features ( Intel Hurom River GT1/GT2) for Windows 7 64 bit. I restored my laptop to before the time I install it, and everything's ok. By the way, it seems that Lenovo usually has problems about driver, isn't it?
rohanjayawant
Paper Tape
Views: 2,303
Message 3 of 7

Hi there, I have a 6 week old E520, I'm having the same problem (kinda) as you, when Ii reduce my brightness form 15, it reduces normally until 2, but from 2 to 0 the brightness suddenly increases dramatically (brightness @0 = brightness @10). This never used to be the case until about 4 days ago when this problem started. Please could yo advise which driver to re-install etc?

thanks,

Rohan

rrr1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,276
Message 4 of 7

Have the same problem with a new E520   machine .

There is an unofficial workaround posted in the forum

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Edge/E520-Battery-brightness-control-CPU-upgrade-amp-secondary-...

It involves changing the driver to Intel's newest.

Perhaps someone from Lenovo can inform us when will it be corrected.

sangchoi
Paper Tape
Views: 2,260
Message 5 of 7

Have already recieved my E520 from service center for this issues. They said that it's the power management profile problems. I don't really understand what they mean. Is there any lenovo staff who can explain this issue for everyone?

rrr1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,231
Message 6 of 7

Problem is solved! Run system update and install the latest ThinkPad video features. V8.15.10.2476
sangchoi
Paper Tape
Views: 2,218
Message 7 of 7

@rrr1 wrote:
Problem is solved! Run system update and install the latest ThinkPad video features. V8.15.10.2476

Installed but not solved completely. The brightness still goes up and down but in less level and less frequency. It occurs more frequent when the battery under 18% (40 minutes left).

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors