cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuyInLouisiana
Fanfold Paper
Views: 219
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad E531 Windows 7 64 bit 2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD)

After a windows update, the laptop started giving me this error. I attempted the quick fixes, such as going into diagnostic, the HDD isn't present there either. I've reseated the HDD, nothing is working. I believe this could be a chipset/IRST mismatch issue, I just need to know what to get and a suggestion on how to get it installed. 

Ok yes it's an old laptop but I need to get it going even if only long enough to back up my data. I am desperate please any solution is a godsend at this point.

Hello? I KNOW Lenovo techs look at these too, doesn't ANYONE have an answer? I'll give you more info: I put the HDD into a similar Lenovo, and took the HDD from that computer and put it in mine, and the error stayed with the HDD. There is ONE caveat to this: the other computer has Windows 10, so that *might* not mitigate there being an Chipset/IRST mismatch, maybe? My old computer booted into Windows 10 using that HDD just fine, and I got exactly the same error on the other computer (2100 detection error) with the HDD from my old laptop. Is there any possibility of recovering this HDD?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors