Did you mean: 
Highlighted
baloot
Punch Card
Views: 366
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad E560 Audio failure

Hello everybody,

My E560 with windows 7 64 was working very well till the last night , It shuted down normaly without any problem .This morning after turned it on , there was an audio driver failure message and I cheked the device manager and there are 3 new yellow signs ,one for integrated camera , second for conexant audio driver and third for intel display audio driver!.I installed the latest audio driver but nothing happened , also reinstalled Intel chipset, Imei and power manager and intel vga drivers , but nothing again.I am suspected to hardware failure but my laptop always working on a coolpad and always it is cold.Is it posible some chipset has problem? Laptop is working very well now and just it hasn't any audio .I don't want to reinstall windows because I must take a lot of time to reinstall my applications.I would appreciate any ideas.Thank you.

sgegreen
802.11n
Views: 336
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad E560 Audio failure

In Device Manager, try uninstalling the three devices with yellow signs and then restart the laptop.

The three devices should then be re-detected by the pci.sys driver in Windows 7 and the correct drivers should be installed.
baloot
Punch Card
Views: 326
Message 3 of 5

The yellow signs came back after the restart and I reinstalled the drivers but nothing happened.

sgegreen
802.11n
Views: 315
Message 4 of 5

The camera fault could possibly be caused by a faulty USB 2.0 device such as a USB stick, external disk, mouse, keyboard, speakers or headphones.

A faulty USB audio device such as speakers or headphones might also stop the internal audio devices working.

If the three devices with yellow warnings fail to work when no external USB devices or headphones/speakers are connected, I would also assume there is a hardware failure on the motherboard or with the integrated camera and microphone.

You could try using System Restore to get back to a point when everything was working, but I'm not sure that would help.
baloot
Punch Card
Views: 299
Message 5 of 5

Thank you for your time , I could not find why it happened , also I did not install any new software , driver and ... so I reinstalled windows 7 + all drivers and now everything is ok ! . It was related to a software problem but webcam driver and audio driver are not similar! Anyway I must reinstall a lot of application again but I am happy there was not any hardware problem Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors