Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crinkwest
Fanfold Paper
Views: 679
Message 1 of 36

Thinkpad E570 Camera Not Working

Hi

My webcam/camera stopped working recently (after a windows 10 update I suspect). I recorded a zoom meeting on 4 August. Did the windows 10 update on 5 August and haven't used the camera since until today when I realised that there was a problem. The camera basically captures the first frame and then the webcam light turns off and the image freezes when trying to connect to Zoom or Skype. I've already followed the steps on the other related threads on this forum but none seem to work. 

• I've restarted the machine after realizing the camera wasn't working.
  • I've checked privacy settings
  • I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled device.
  • Restarted again and nothing...

Please help! Smiley Sad

DARK_MASTER
Core Memory
Views: 653
Message 2 of 36

Re: Thinkpad E570 Camera Not Working

@crinkwest wrote:

Hi

My webcam/camera stopped working recently (after a windows 10 update I suspect). I recorded a zoom meeting on 4 August. Did the windows 10 update on 5 August and haven't used the camera since until today when I realised that there was a problem. The camera basically captures the first frame and then the webcam light turns off and the image freezes when trying to connect to Zoom or Skype. I've already followed the steps on the other related threads on this forum but none seem to work. 

• I've restarted the machine after realizing the camera wasn't working.
  • I've checked privacy settings
  • I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled device.
  • Restarted again and nothing...

Please help! Smiley Sad

I have the same model ThinkPad.
E570
Product Number: 20H50078UK

And have my Windows 10 Pro that comes with the laptop updated to maximum.

I have no such problem with the laptop's webcam.

Maybe get the Lenovo Vangate app from Microsoft's store(it's free). And check for system updates. You can also do a hardware scan.

Otherwise it looks like a hardware problem.

You CAN take the plastic cover from the screen and see how it looks and if there is something wrong.

Here is how > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14F2u7I2U4Y

crinkwest
Fanfold Paper
Views: 641
Message 3 of 36

Thank you for your reply!

My system is completely up to date. I checked the camera settings in the Lenovo Vantage app and it says "Camera is in use or loading failed". 

camera.PNG

Also when I open the camera app and the webcam light comes on for a few seconds, then off. Then back on for a couple of seconds and then off again repeatedly. So it looks like it's trying to connect, but can't. 

I really hope it isn't a hardware issue. I've seen a few threads where others have the same symptoms as I do and are able to fix with an update or something silly like toggling a function key and it fixing the issue... 

Kris_Pn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 558
Message 4 of 36

I have this same problem, Lenovo please help us

Dampi_79
What's DOS?
Views: 489
Message 5 of 36

I have the exact same problem, I can't use Skype or Adobe Connect because of this problem, I think Lenovo needs to provide us with a new driver-software change for this issue. 

My problem also occured with the latest update og Windows 10 64bit here in start August...

Please Lenovo give us some repsonse!

Alex_12555
What's DOS?
Views: 480
Message 6 of 36

I have to this problem

KnockJohn
Paper Tape
Views: 397
Message 7 of 36

I have exactly the same problem with an Ideapad 310 - It is annoying as it makes accessing my distance learning at university very difficult.

Highlighted
Elianoth
Fanfold Paper
Views: 356
Message 8 of 36

The same problem but with Lenovo Yoga 710. I talked about this in a spanish forum https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Yoga-11-S-Yoga-13-Yoga-Pros-Flex/La-c%C3%A1mara-de-mi-Lenovo-Yoga-710-n...

Lenovo Employee Davey_Lenovo
Lenovo Employee
Views: 328
Message 9 of 36

Hi  Guys

Could you tell me your system MTM/windows version(like 1703,1709,1803, you can find windows version in setting->about), and please provide your camera driver version(check the version in device manager)?  Those information will help me recreate and analyze issue. Thanks for your help! 

Kris_Pn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 320
Message 10 of 36

Windows: 1903 (18362.356)

Driver: 10.0.16299.20029

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors