Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomasTregl
Blue Screen Again
Views: 402
Message 71 of 94

Re: Thinkpad E590 - Radeon RX 550 performance issue

Hypixus: I have E580, so pls take it as "version related reply".

1) I can confirm your program controls my fan - and does its job well, nice toy, configurable temperature-dependent. Can dramatically lower noise, but - it cannot overspeed the fan :-)

2) Shows a little lower temperature than my GPU-Z software, and - (for me) shows only CPU, and BIOS throtling is GPU dependent.

3) Playing Witcher3 seems get full performance from my machine, and makes (this test i made just now) this results: GPU-Z - GPU 83°C & CPU 76°C; FANcrtl - CPU 74°C & Fanlev 7 (Smart) | If i switched to Fanlev 128(BIOS) i got all one degree lower .

So W3 evidently exceedes possibilities of internal cooling - as i supposed, and i am stil affraid no software trick can handle it :-(

Mohsin_: yes, i bought one couple days ago. And results in today Witcher3 test: E580 layed on table GPU with GPU-Z: 83°C, on switched off pad 81°C, with full power external fan 76°C with FANCtrl, and 74°C without - (last measure after all tests, maybe without precendental overheet i could beat yesterday 72°C :-) ) Significantly better, but not enough to ensure avoid throttling (on E580). More details my yesterday post in E580Thread.

TomasTregl
Blue Screen Again
Views: 403
Message 72 of 94

Hey, where is my RE about E580 tests? .... (rest of offensive reaction was removed by TT as admin gives explanation for automatical post removing.)

TomasTregl
Blue Screen Again
Views: 426
Message 73 of 94

Sorry, I can not fully answer. (rest of message is removed by TT, as admin cites it lower, no need to lenghten forum by twice repeated misunderstanding.)

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 400
Message 74 of 94

@TomasTregl wrote:

Sorry, I can not fully answer. My RE post was twice wiped out without trace and without giving a reson.

Hope this post does not violate any Lenovo rule, but, who knows, the same i was thinking about its predecessors.

Maybe anyone of admins can tell us the reason, and sugesstion how to avoid, if we want to say their help is (from my side) nonsufficient, cause one year old problem is not a step closer to solution.

Your posts were nabbed by the automated spam filters.  Probably due to quick edits - which is one of the parameters used I belive, although the filter's operation is sometimes rather mysterious.  I've restored them to the thread.

[edit to add] And yes, if those parameters were uniformly applied, I wouldn't be able to post at all..

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

TomasTregl
Blue Screen Again
Views: 379
Message 75 of 94

Sy, so "agressive" automat was something I could think about first. A was confused by seeng my posts on forum and - missing them by later visit. Would you be so kind adn accept my apologize for my following posts, they are "misguided" and inconveniently ofensive according to circumstances - and have no additive information value. Thank you
Hypixus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 369
Message 76 of 94

Thanks for your input, I will try those settings myself as well. Also, helpful thing I noticed is just turning on V-Sync and triple OpenGL buffering in AMD settings. Those prevent not only everywhere-being screen tearing(truely an eyesore with games like cs go and league of legends) but heat produced by overworked gpu - limiting frames accordingly to display capabilities. It is truely sad TW3 does not work well - I wished I could have it running on brand new laptop...

Highlighted
Tomy_Silver
Punch Card
Views: 309
Message 77 of 94

I have tried the cpu fan control app.

• it's only controlling cpu fan but not GPU.
  • there is a slight performance improvement you can notice if GPU is not heavily loaded, such as LOL game, but when trying much more intensive graphics issue is very mush present.
  • not supported and if not used carefully may lead to cpu fan faliure or short life time.

I think we, community, have done every thing now. It's a design flaw (overheating) lead to failed remediation (throttling + offloading)

Moreover, ironically, this is not a support channel nor we have the enough support level to adequately push on Lenovo.

I will post a fair and honest technical review everywhere about how E580 and E590 SKUs with graphics cards are just waste of money.

Gowell_Kim
Paper Tape
Views: 191
Message 78 of 94

Downgrade to Bios version 1.08 actually helps that problem.

Have you try it?

https://support.lenovo.com/kr/ko/downloads/ds506071

Hypixus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 179
Message 79 of 94

This means certainly downgrading microcode BEFORE whiskey lake processors one. Isn't this going to make motherboards with 9th gen processor dead? (mine is i5-8265u)

Gowell_Kim
Paper Tape
Views: 171
Message 80 of 94

Is there any E590 that is not whiskylake???

Mine is i7 8565u with RX 550 X.

But still work on R0YET25W 1.08. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors