Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Employee Davey_Lenovo
Lenovo Employee
Views: 582
Message 121 of 136

Re: Thinkpad E590 - Radeon RX 550 performance issue

Hi All

A new BIOS V1.22 is released to improve system performance. Please download it from lenovo support from below link. Thanks!

BIOS Update (Utility & Bootable CD) for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad E490, E490s, E590

H4k3
Paper Tape
Views: 549
Message 122 of 136

Sounds like good news, anybody here tryed this new Bios 1.22 ? I will have acces to my E590 on the weekend earliest ...

brunocz6
Paper Tape
Views: 516
Message 123 of 136

Well, it's maybe a step in the right direction, but certainly not a solution to our problem.

I tested it on game Dirt 3, which i set to highest settings. Throttling still occurs, just less.

Still, I wouldn't suggest installing this bios update if you like REALY NEED the machine.
I ran in some difficulties which would be unacceptable for anybody, who needs their laptop for work etc...

Basically, after my DIRT 3 test i restared the computer and everything was just so slow. Computer was throttling all the times. So i restarted the computer few other times and eventually got it to work properly.

What really got me worried the most, was that one time windows stopped showing me real battery life (instead it showed that battery is charged to 255% of its capacity ... B*L*S**T).
H4k3
Paper Tape
Views: 499
Message 124 of 136

Hey well that arent good news,, i read somewhere else that Lenovo Vantage is also offering a new driver for thermal issues ect, i dont know if its related to the Bios or if that is a driver update, maybe you can check that eather,
Hypixus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 493
Message 125 of 136

In my case things are different - it made the thermals curve much more appropriate, making playing League on highest settings easily, as well as running benchmarks turned out to withstand heavier workloads. After all, it lowers cpu frequency to lower values when it reaches 80*C. I'm satisfied with current state, however I'm still considering a purchase of a higher quality thermal paste in order to make cooling pad no longer necessary. Going to perform detailed tests as soon as I'll get back home from uni, to troubleshoot the case more properly.

If any Lenovo worker would like my help with further troubleshooting of this issue, ill gladly follow instructions given.

ThinkpadIL
Token Ring
Views: 488
Message 126 of 136

Would be nice if someone could test whether the performance stays the same after you restart the computer and without touching the power slider or changing any settings related to power. There is/was a bug where a restart would make the computer misbehave unless you mess with the power slider.

Highlighted
Hypixus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 478
Message 127 of 136

will be done as well this evening, no worries. Ill share results in ~10-12 hours.

MooKo
Paper Tape
Views: 442
Message 128 of 136

Did anyone tried liquid metal yet? I have a Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut lying around here, but i don`t want to destroy my laptop, because i bring it with me every day.

lomirko
What's DOS?
Views: 373
Message 129 of 136

Dear Mr. Lenovo... so, here i am too: new E590 with radeon rx550 performing worst than an old 250€ pc.

To summarize, i'm asking: is there any "istitutional" solution to the problem? solution that cannot foresee the fans sostitution or the use of thermal paste obviously - because I would lose the guarantee with those kinds of technical interventions and i'm not qualified to implement them- and in any case it seems to me just a rough palliative to get around a serious problem, which exists.

Thanks for the attention.

shahrukh89
Fanfold Paper
Views: 323
Message 130 of 136

that is true.. i mean I contacted Lenovo Germany and sent them my Ms.info file. also with the links to the forums.. 

They replied that the team found no issues with my device and that the laptop was not thought for gaming..

and then they closed my case and never replied back.

I actually never bought the laptop thinking about it as a gaming laptop. but even Asphalt 9 (which is a mobile based app) is stuttering. and I bought this laptop assuming that at least it would provide me with hobby gaming experiennce, an Intel graphics processor even would have done the job without stuttering.

Here is a link to my thread which i had originally posted:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-13-E-and/AMD-Radeon-RX-550X-2gb-Game-Stuttering-am...

it also contains the video link of Hitman trial (2016). same prob I have with the Watch Dogs (2013).

So in short, I am not getting the worth from the laptop that I bought for. I never expected high end gaming with a 2GB AMD card but atleast somehting. disappointed with the customer support. The issue is understandable by a child as well.. it has nothing to do with high end gaming. it is simply a performance issue.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors