Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oldgrain
What's DOS?
Views: 285
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad Edge 13 GPU drivers

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea why Lenovo hasn't updated the Intel gma drivers for the 13" edge? The 8.15.10.1872 that Lenovo provides is over 2 years old and doesn't have flash hardware decoding for example. For a laptop with such a slow CPU, GPU hw decoding would be great. The about:support in Firefox says: GPU Accelerated Windows 0. Blocked for your graphics driver version. Try updating your graphics driver to version 8.15.10.2202 or newer.

I tried downloading the newest driver from Intel's site but the installer said I need to download the "manufacturer specific" driver cause "something might break".

If anyone from Lenovo reads this, please get your driver team to update the drivers Smiley Happy

//Oldgrain

Oldgrain
What's DOS?
Views: 238
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad Edge 13 GPU drivers

So, it's been ~3½ months, no one has answered this and there has been no driver updates. Does anyone know of a better way to get attention from Lenovo about driver updates as it seems they're not reading this forum/acting on it at all. The newer edge versions have updated drivers so I can't figure out why it is so hard to get newer drivers for the old model as well.

I even tried downloading the updated driver for E430 but they wouldn't install either.

Hoping someone from Lenovo would read this and at least answer it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors