Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lalitkoli
Paper Tape
Views: 288
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Edge 14 - Reboots after installing Windows 7 Pro

I bought Thinkpad Edge 14 somwhere in 2010 and I was using Win XP professional on it. Recently I upgraded my OS to Win 7 professional since then I face this problem. The laptop suddenly reboots while playing an flash video for more than 15 minutes. Then I thought of reinstalling Windows 7 again and this time I installed all drivers from the lenovo official site, even though drivers we installed during win 7 installation and now it simply restarts or hangs few minutes after rebooting. I don't know what this problem is regarding. I also found Hotkeys are not working except one, the one which switches between monitor and projector.

Does any one have any clue on this? Am I missing something?

lalitkoli
Paper Tape
Views: 249
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Edge 14 - Reboots after installing Windows 7 Pro

I tried to flash bios from Win 7 and now I have totally dead laptop. While flashing BIOS the laptop hanged and screwed everything.  I really dont know what to do. Any suggestions!!!!

AnnieNeroda
Paper Tape
Views: 224
Message 3 of 4

I really hope you get an answer to this because it sounds like what has been happening to me.  My Thinkpad Edge is 2 years old, and recently it has gotten into the habit of rebooting itself for no apparent reason -- about once a day.  It's extremely annoying -- the "drop-and-reboot" seems to happen when I am watching a video clip.

lalitkoli
Paper Tape
Views: 217
Message 4 of 4

Hey! As I mentioned earlier now I am into different problem. BIOS has been erased  and I am looking for motherboard now to replace. But seems to be very expensive, might be I have to scrap this laptop and buy a new one.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors