Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haybag22
Paper Tape
Views: 2,164
Message 1 of 8

Thinkpad Edge 15 Monitor Display Contrast Issue

I just received my thinkpad edge 15 today and am trying to figure out how to best adjust the contrast on it? there's waaay too much contrast going on right now, my photos look horrible. please help?

cmh_brickster
Paper Tape
Views: 1,847
Message 2 of 8

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 1,835
Message 3 of 8

Re: Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

cmh_brickster, welcome to the forum,

please re-post bearing in mind the announcement on the forum home page;

Users of Internet Explorer 9 are experiencing problems creating posts and private messages. The content is lost and appears blank when posted. While this is being investigated and fixed, please use Quick Reply, Internet Explorer 9's Compatibility View, or an alternate browser to post. Thank you.

Thanks

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

cmh_brickster
Paper Tape
Views: 1,847
Message 4 of 8

Thinkpad Edge Display has really bad contrast

My new Thinkpad Edge has terrible contrast.  There is no way to adjust it.  I looks a little better if I turn the gamma all the way down in Windows 7, then a bit more in the ATI Control Center.  However it's just not acceptable.  Its really the worst display I've had to use.  Do you think I have a defective unit or are all the Edge panels like this?  I haven't called support yet but plan to.

Vince69
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,832
Message 5 of 8

Re: Thinkpad Edge Display has really bad contrast

Hello mate,

Have you got a matte or a glossy screen ?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.

ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.
ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

cmh_brickster
Paper Tape
Views: 1,808
Message 6 of 8

I have a matte screen, but what would that have to do with it?  My old T41 had a matte screen and the display was great.  Thanks.

alic2k
What's DOS?
Views: 1,210
Message 7 of 8

Did anyone ever find a solution to this issue? I can't find anything online, anywhere?

As above, I've changed the Gamma settings via Control Panel etc etc... very little change.

There are no Contrast buttons on the laptop, only brightness, so the contrast stays far too high.

Anyone there know of a fix?
cmh_brickster
Paper Tape
Views: 1,206
Message 8 of 8

The display is junk.  The gamma adjust in the graphics settings is all you can do.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors