Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mangeshn
What's DOS?
Views: 595
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad Edge Display/Resolution Problem

Hi,

I have been facing a problem with Thinkpad Edge 14 0578bpq resolution since the last couple of hours.I had to force restart my  pc because it was not going into the task manager.On restarting i found the resolution of the pc which was 1366*768 has now become 1280*800 and the display is being cut from the bottom edge and a black band on the top as if the display has shifted down.Similarly there is a large black band on the right.Tried restoring my pc,reinstalling the intel display drivers but to no avail.Also I have noticed that in the bios too the display is cut from the bottom.

Is this an issue that can be addressed easily or is it a hadware issue for which I have to call the service centre?

Thanks in advance

Guru
Views: 589
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad Edge Display/Resolution Problem

Hi mangeshn

Maybe you could try updating to the latest BIOS and drivers with ThinkVantage System Update? High chance, I think you may need to contact Lenovo Support.

Cheers :smileyvery-happy:

Peter
ThinkPad: W520 (4284-A99)

=============================================

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve 

Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future 

Dolby Home Theater v4 (Essential/IdeaPad/ThinkPad)

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Dolby-Home-Theater-v4-for-most-Lenovo-Laptops/td-p/62...

mangeshn
What's DOS?
Views: 581
Message 3 of 5

Updated the bios but to no avail...thanks anyways

koushkov
What's DOS?
Views: 405
Message 4 of 5

Hi!
I got now the same problem. I don't know why it started to appear now.
Did you solve your issue? If so could you please explain how?
Thanks
spider7
Paper Tape
Views: 323
Message 5 of 5

Go to AMD website..and download their software. It will detect which display adaptor is best for your machine. then adjust the gamma settings to fix your contrast. Makes a big difference....Cheers

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors