Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-31-2013

United Kingdom

1 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad Edge E320 - Driver Loading Failed

2013-03-31, 16:50 PM

I have a IBM Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E320, it has a manual install of Windows 7 Home Premium. All the official Lenovo drivers and software have been installed correctly.

I am using the application Lenovo System Update.

It is downloading and installing the application "Thinkpad BIOS Update Utility -US-"

It downloads OK, and then gives me a dialog box asking if I want to either "Update the Model Number" or "Update the BIOS".

I select the option to "Update the BIOS" and I get given the following message ...

"Driver loading failed. The Utility cannot proceed."

You then get the option to click on "OK" and the whole thing closes.

Could anyone please suggest a fix for this, ideally a legitimate way of doing it rather than a weird quick fix. But if there is no other alternative then it might have to be a weird quick fix.

I have tried Google-ing the problem and looking at various sites and forums, but no-one really seems to know the answer to the problem.

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated! So thank-you very much in advanced!!

Options

6457 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

28941 Signins

1657873 Page Views

• Views: 1657873
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad Edge E320 - Driver Loading Failed

2013-03-31, 19:41 PM

Good day and welcome to the community.

You can find the available BIOS updates in your Driver Matrix. There is a choice of an updater that operates from within Windows and there is a bootable CD image. I prefer the latter method.

Is there a specific issue you are trying to resolve, or a new feature you need, by updating the BIOS?

Regards.

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
Requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms