03-02-2014 09:23 PM
The screen on my my Edge 420 has gone really dark to the point where I need to shine a light onto it to be able to see anything (only just). I hadn`t changed anything before this occured. The computer works fine connected to my TV using that as the monitor.
I`ve done some searching on this forum and tried the following to no avail:
- Restart with power unplugged
- Restart with power plugged in but no battery.
- Held down the power button for several 1 minute intervals with the power adapter + battery out.
- Using TV as the monitor: Adjusted brightness settings to maximum in Control Panel (Power Options)
- Within Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel: Unticked Image Enhancement (Auto Adjust) plus unticked Film Mode Detection plus unticked Display Power Saving Technology.
- Checked my Intel Graphics driver was up-to-date.
I`m not great with computers but now suspect a faulty screen inverter or a motherboard problem. Pretty annoyed that this has happed to an 18 month old machine which rarely leaves my desk at home. My previous Thinkpad lasted 6 years which is why I bought this one.
Could anyone suggest any other things I could try or direct me to a cost effective way to have it professionally repared?
06-25-2015 06:36 AM
I've the same problem, did any of the trick workout for you ? Please let me know.
I have given my laptop to a service center and learnt that they want to replace the screen, yet to decide what to do next.
Appreciate your response,
Thanks & Regards,