Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rodrigez
Paper Tape
Views: 559
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad Edge E420 dark screen problem

Hi,

The screen on my my Edge 420 has gone really dark to the point where I need to shine a light onto it to be able to see anything (only just). I hadn`t changed anything before this occured. The computer works fine connected to my TV using that as the monitor.

I`ve done some searching on this forum and tried the following to no avail:

- Restart with power unplugged

- Restart with power plugged in but no battery.

- Held down the power button for several 1 minute intervals with the power adapter + battery out.

- Using TV as the monitor: Adjusted brightness settings to maximum in Control Panel (Power Options)

- Within Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel: Unticked Image Enhancement (Auto Adjust) plus unticked Film Mode Detection plus unticked Display Power Saving Technology.

- Checked my Intel Graphics driver was up-to-date.

I`m not great with computers but now suspect a faulty screen inverter or a motherboard problem. Pretty annoyed that this has happed to an 18 month old machine which rarely leaves my desk at home. My previous Thinkpad lasted 6 years which is why I bought this one.

Could anyone suggest any other things I could try or direct me to a cost effective way to have it professionally repared?

Thankyou,

Roger

nithinkeen
Paper Tape
Views: 320
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad Edge E420 dark screen problem

Hi Rodrigez,

I've the same problem, did any of the trick workout for you ? Please let me know.

I have given my laptop to a service center and learnt that they want to replace the screen, yet to decide what to do next.

Appreciate your response,

Thanks & Regards,
Nithin

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors