Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Whiteandblue
Paper Tape
Views: 391
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad Edge E430 - Black Screen

Hello everyone,

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E430 and it was working fine until today. Today I worked on the laptop as usual and just turned off the Fast Startup setting in the Windows 8 and then restarted the computer. Now it only shows a black screen (LCD backlights are on but there is nothing on the screen). I hear the usual BIOS beep sound but I can't see the BIOS screen or the Windows.

I've tried to connect to a an external monitor via HDMI. Amazingly, both my laptop's screen and external monitor works fine when the laptop is connected to the external screen. But when I disconnect them, again I can only see the black screen.

I turned on the Fast Startup settings in Windows 8, but it didn't work. Then I loaded the default settings from the BIOS and it didn't worked too. Finally I've installed Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS to test if it is because of the operating system but it didn't help too. I've tried all of this using the laptop's screen while it was connected to the external screen. It is very confusing for me. It seems like the screen is only working when an external screen is also connected to the laptop. I would be very happy if anyone can help me about this problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors