Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regica
Fanfold Paper
Views: 190
Message 1 of 7

Thinkpad Edge E431 Problem with Booting

Hi!

There is some problem with my Thinkpad: it shows sometimes the attached picture when I switch it on. Not always but several times. There's no other choice than take the barrey and power cable out, wait 5-10 minutes and switch on again. I'm not a PC master and I've tried to get help on the internet (also here for 1 year ago but there's nobody who could help) but the only thing I've figuered oud in the last one year that there is something in my BIOS... 

And there is a new problem: suddenly the Fn key is functioning in revese mode (e.g. the F8 function is now works just with Fn+F8 - yesterday it was normal: F8 was F8 ans Fn+F8 was extra function key).

IS there anyboy who can understand and help???? Thanks in advance.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 152
Message 2 of 7

Re: Thinkpad Edge E431 Problem with Booting

Hi Regica!

Boot on the BIOS of the computer and check under the Boot Configuration. The HDD must be set to boot first. 

On the BIOS also of the computer go to Config and check if the Fn Key lock is enabled or disabled. 

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Regica
Fanfold Paper
Views: 139
Message 3 of 7

Hi

Thanks for the quick answer!

I've tried several different settings in the BIOS but anyway this window comes up sometimes.

I attach some picture on my BIOS settings.

20190518_172400.jpg20190518_172319.jpg20190518_172309.jpg20190518_172227.jpg20190518_172201.jpg20190518_172133.jpg

The Fn key cannot adjust in the BIOS, just "Fn and Ctrl Key swap can adjust to enable or disable.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 117
Message 4 of 7

Hi Regica.

Thanks for sending those pictures.

Could you try to set the BIOS to its default settings?

To set BIOS to its default settings just press F9 (Setup Defaults).Then, F10 (Save and Exit).

Kind Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Regica
Fanfold Paper
Views: 99
Message 5 of 7

Hi. 

I've done it, now BIOS is on the default settings. I hope this wil help and solve the problem! Thanks for the quick answer and help!

I cannot remember why I switched so many things in the BIOS in tha past, but it was adjustet severel times by me in connection with the new hardware installation... maybe it was been maladjusted.

The Fn key problem is also solved, it was easy, I've read the solution here, and I've just press the Fn+ESC together and now the Fn key functions normally (it's not always on, just when I press it down)

Thanks once again!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 93
Message 6 of 7

You're very much welcome. Let us know if you need further assistance. Regards

Regica
Fanfold Paper
Views: 65
Message 7 of 7

Hi again

Unfortunately, I've got the same problem again after I set BIOS to default settings.

This picture came up and the only thing which helps is to take the battery and power cable out, wait 10 minutes and switch on the laptop again.

20190523_185833.jpg

Windows is on the Crucial HDD and as you can see it is the first in the Boot Priority Order. 

20190523_191403.jpg

When I've tried to desable all the other parts in the Boot Priority order:

20190523_190419.jpg

so comes this up when I've restarted:

20190523_191439.jpg

So if you have any idea what can I do, it'd be very nice!!

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors