Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SomeCustomer133
Paper Tape
Views: 1,639
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Edge E531 Wireless Card Compability

Hi,

I'm about to buy a new wireless card for my Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E531. The card I am going to buy is Intel Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth, PCIe Mini Card (7260.HMWWB).

Is it compatible (regarding Hardware and BIOS Whitelists)?

Thanks,

a customer

Brag0n
Serial Port
Views: 1,461
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Edge E531 Wireless Card Compability

I would love to have an answer to this as well!
(Since I also have been thinking of this lately)

I'm using win10 and have the newest BIOS if that's a question

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,452
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Looks like the short answer is no Smiley Sad  The whitelisted cards are in the FRU list:  https://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkPad/e531_fru_list_20140113.pdf

Please keep in mind that a card has to be a supported model and have a Lenovo FRU number (modified firmware - Lenovo-specific subsystem ID) to pass the BIOS whitelist check.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Brag0n
Serial Port
Views: 1,408
Message 4 of 4

Then they should consider adjusting the whitelist. Because this is just silly!

Top Kudoed Authors