Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blzb
What's DOS?
Views: 428
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad Edge E555 Windows 10 x64 chipset driver

Hello!

I want to completely rebuild my Win10 isntallation on my Edge E555, therefore I just wanted to download all necessary drivers from support.lenovo.com but realised there is no chipset driver for Windows 10 x64. Could anybody help me with that issue?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 404
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Edge E555 Windows 10 x64 chipset driver

Hello blzb, welcome to the community,

I believe with AMD processors the chipset driver is now included with the graphics driver and it is the graphics driver you should install first when performing a clean installation;

ThinkPad Edge E555 64-bit Video driver

Please let us know how you get on.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

mazi
Token Ring
Views: 373
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Edge E555 Windows 10 x64 chipset driver

The chipset on AMD APU platforms up til Kaveri are called FCH - aka Fusion Controller Hub.

The one in the E555 is the AMD A76M FCH aka codenamed Bolton-M3.

Unfortunately there is no information on the web to find about the specs of this chipset, unlike its desktop brethren.

However - its "only" about PCIx Controller, SATA, USB3 n USB2 and some other minor/generic things.

The drivers should work just as they come with Win10. You would want to install the AMD graphics driver at the beginning anyway, then when installing the other available Lenovo drivers it just works, no extra FCH/Chipset drivers needed. I guess the Microsoft generic ones just do the trick, AMD quality up to standards Smiley Wink

There are some USB profiles/drivers to install. Those belong somewhat to the FCH chipset.

Just make sure you take the right network/bluetooth drivers!

Its either Realtek or Broadcom depending on the model you use!

Check the hardware details in the Windows Device Manager in case you don't know.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors