cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dstroh
What's DOS?
Views: 184
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad Edge Known Keyboard Problem never notified owners before fix expired ECA 448 Mid 2013

I am disturbed as a reseller that Lenovo failed to notify owners of a known defect of the Edge 15 Keyboard failure related to the ribbon cable before the replacement ECA-448 in Mid 2013.

Users, like me, who don't use the laptop on a daily basis likely, did not use it enough during the ECA period to experience the problem.  NOW I have a defective ThinkPad and the fix is to buy the keyboard.

Recently we have seen GM fail to recognize serious problems to avoid recalls for known problems.  I feel that Lenovo failed to notify us that the keyboard was likely to fail for the effected models and should therefore honor the ECA by extending for a period of time after notifying the owners of the condition they may have on models sold before the ribbon cable was adopted. 

I do believe and state that ThinkPad and other supported IBM and Lenovo products out of George USA are superior to other computer manufactures.  I hope they take this type of failure to address a known problem seriously and not blemish their reputation. 

David 

PS: For those who the keyboard issue, you might try putting electric type over the area of the ribbon cable near where if folds at the 90 degree turn. You may see a small dent(s) in the cable where pressure from an adjacent item makes contact on the cable has your palm or other weight near or on the touchpad likely causes the defect over usage and/or pressure. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors