Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IhatemyLenovo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,676
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad Edge e520 Motherboard Problems

So i recently decided to buy a second hand Lenovo E520(retarded i Know). My previous work gave me the same model so i trusted it to be reliable, however 1 month after i bought it, it suddenly did not want to turn on. I got the serial number and entered it on Lenovo's site and saw it was bought end 2011(On the posts i saw everyone that bought the e520 at that stage has problems with it). So i realized i bought it 3 months out of warrantee, took it to a lenovo dealer, they then told me it was the charging point on the motherboard that was faulty so the motherboard had to be replaced. They quoted me 4700 South African Rands(Which is about  $500 US), nice price for a motherboard since the whole pc only costs R7000 in SA (About $780 US). So i bought a working Motherboard Second hand from a guy who broke his LCD and sold the rest for parts(Exactly the same model as mine 1143-AFG) for R1000($110 US). Replaced the motherboard myself, when i was done assembling again, tried to plug it in, still no power, not charging, charging lite not showing. So anyone who can maybe help me????????? Would appreciate it!!! By the way My name is ihatelenovo after this bad experience i had with Lenovo's Reliability.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors