Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dys123
Paper Tape
Views: 168
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad Edge keyboard gone crazy

Hey guys,

Had my Thinkpad Edge E450, for more than a year now. Never really had any problems with the keyboard. However, since yesterday, my keyboard has simply gone crazy on me. Right shift + c no longer registers, even though right shift + any other key still works. c works too along with c+ left shift. w+e keys, when pressed together doesn't register the e although both keys registers fine when pressed individually. Most weird of all is the fact that F4, associated with microphone no longer works either when FN is locked and when it isn't. However, every time I press the G key, the microphone activates/deactivates. I used the lenovo diagnostics tool and the keyboard passed the tests. Tried clean install windows 10 on the whole system and still the same result. Also tried uninstalling all drivers for keyboard in device manager and it still hasn't gotten any better.

I didn't do any manual updates or anything that I know of which could affect the keyboard. 

Please help! That microphone popup is trying to hog my attention whenever I try to write a paper. Smiley Sad

Top Kudoed Authors