cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giarc
Paper Tape
Views: 1,860
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Yoga 11E Touchscreen LCD,Touchscreen not working!!! WIN10 Clean install

A friend of mine brought his Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11E touch - by today because after he did a "clean install of windows 10 Pro. his touchscreen is no longer working...I've just spent the last 2 hrs. installing the "lenovo" drivers and software packages...But can't seem to located the HID touchscreen drivers or any documentation to support the touchscreen on the "Lenovo" site...I've also tried all the "lenovo" whiz bang apps the fix this issue...Does anyone have this model: Intel Celeron N2930 (2.16 GHz),8GB RAM,128GB Solid State Drive,11.6in 1366x768 Touchscreen LCD,Intel 802.11agn wireless,4c Li-Ion,Win8.1 Pro 64 - (Lenovo's description of this PC) that has been able to get the touchscreen working post windows 10 install? Or a link to the correct drivers for the touchscreen? Or could Lenovo support maybe point to these packages so I can get this thing working as marketed...

eriktirado
Paper Tape
Views: 1,647
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 11E Touchscreen LCD,Touchscreen not working!!! WIN10 Clean install

I have the same issue with my thinkpad 11e. Today I upgraded to windows 10 and the feature I like disappear. The computer don't have the touch function. I want to know if someone know if there is a fix out there? Thanks.
WoodburyMan
What's DOS?
Views: 1,489
Message 3 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 11E Touchscreen LCD,Touchscreen not working!!! WIN10 Clean install

I purchased a 11e Type 20D9 the other day. It came with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled. I did a fresh clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1511 Build from a DVD and touch screen did not work like everyone else. I tried all other methods here, nothing worked. 

The key issue with this is the GPIO drivers. Nothing else. Microsoft has a built in GPIO driver for Windows 10 dated Mid-2014 that DOES NOT WORK. I even tried installing the GPIO driver from Lenovo's site, which is dated July 2015, does not work either.

What DID work for me was downloading the LATEST GPIO driver for Windows 10 DIRECTLY FROM INTEL. Here is the link  

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25122/Proc-IO-Intel-Processor-IO-controllers-driver-for-Wi...

The file to download for Windows 10 is IO_Win10_99.16.55518.zip  and within the zip file run SetupSerialIO.exe

Hope this helps. 

logicbus
Paper Tape
Views: 994
Message 4 of 4

This Intel driver fixed the problem for me.  

I got a ThinkPad Yoga 11e.  It had Windows 10, but I did a clean install.  After that, everything worked except the touchscreen.  I tried several things, nothing fixed it.  I downloaded and installed this driver from Intel, and it worked.  

Just to make sure what fixed the problem, I did another clean install, and the only thing I did to get the touchscreen working was install the Intel driver.  

Here's the link again, for clarity:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25122/Proc-IO-Intel-Processor-IO-controllers-driver-for-Wi...

Top Kudoed Authors