Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tarmac_Chris
Paper Tape
Views: 478
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad e565 randomly crashing

Hi,

I've had a Thinkpad E565 with 12gb ram for under a week and I've already experienced numerous crashes (sometimes with reasons, sometimes just a black screen). I'll try to provide as much information as possible.

The laptop is plugged in, on a flat desk, its not hot and its not making any noise or working hard (it usually crashes during normal Chrome browsing). It usually just snaps to black with no warning, and automatically restarts.

So far I've had it shut down, then say its configuring windows at 100%, but it doens't move. So I did a hard reset and it configured Windows very slowly, but it did go through. Then it tried to update, failed at 90% and I manually redid it, with it updating Windows in about 2 hours.

It has since then shut down randomly twice, within maybe 2 hours of being turned on. There doesn't seem to be any 'trigger' for it.

----

This is the second Thinkpad I've gone through in the last month, with the last one experiencing the exact same symptoms but I just had it replaced. (the errors I got on that one crashing were Error code: 0xc000000f and SYSTEM_THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED).

Is there a fix for this, should I try to get another replacement or just accept my laptop will continually shut off without warning?

Thanks

spacecake
Serial Port
Views: 228
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad e565 randomly crashing

Hi Chris,

Any improvement in performance of your E565 ?

I have noticed some etailers still selling this model and the Thinkpad E465 and have been trying to assess my chances of getting a good perchace. I read a review on Amazon that the CPU is limited to 1.6Ghz even though its could go higher in turbo mode.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors