Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
voingiappone
Paper Tape
Views: 389
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad edge e430 ethernet problem

Hello everybody,

this is my first post here as I just bought an Edge e430 from Lenovo.

It came with Win 8 installed (let's skip this) and as I tried to connect to the LAN for verifying the license I realized that I did not have any network connection. No way to connect, no matter what I clicked and what I switched on/off.... no connection (even the local one).

As I am a Linux user, after figuring out how to boot from CD I tried Linux on a Live CD to see whether it was a Win 8 issue or a card one. No connection there too.

Trying to set up here and there I think I grasped the problem, however I does not make any sense to me. Is it possible that the new model is IPv6 only (with no IPv4 retrocompatibility). If this is the case (I repeat: it doesn't make sense) what should I do to make it working, at least in Win 8?

Thank you very much for your time.

P.S. Forgot to say that I don't have any WiFi to try.

voingiappone
Paper Tape
Views: 372
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad edge e430 ethernet problem

Ok, I see no reply but I keep updating the problem.

I took the pc to work, connected the cable and.... tada! Connection working! I am actually posting it from the Linux live CD.

The question is, why my home LAN isn't working??? I used it for over one year and had (at least) 5 different laptops connected without the smallest glitch.

Any ideas?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors