Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janistrov
What's DOS?
Views: 1,315
Message 1 of 3

Touchpad and Trackpad not working

Hello all

Since 2 days my touchpad (inclusive the buttons) and my trackpad aren't workinig anymore. They are enabled and in the device manager under "mice and other pointers", there is no touchpad to be found.

Do you have any idea what could have caused this problem?

Thank you very much!

RoadiJeff
Punch Card
Views: 1,259
Message 2 of 3

Re: Touchpad and Trackpad not working

I know Windows updates can sometimes cause hardware problems.  With my ThnkPad 11e I lost wireless connectivity due to one of their updates over a year ago.  The solution with mine was I went into the device manager and deleted any drivers related to networking.  When I rebooted the PC it found new hardware, installed drivers and the wireless was back to normal.

I don't know if that is what's happening with yours but you might give it a try with your touchpad, etc., drivers.

Lenovo Employee Mai_small_cat
Lenovo Employee
Views: 515
Message 3 of 3

Re: Touchpad and Trackpad not working

Hi,

If you cannot find any Touch pad device in Device Manager, please try to re-install the touch pad device. You can find the driver of your system in Lenovo HP (link ->https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-11e-series-laptops/thinkpa...) . Please choose the suitable product model before downloading the driver). 

From Lenovo

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors