Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkhk1850
What's DOS?
Views: 820
Message 1 of 1

Touchpad left click becomes a mouse hold

A really strange behavour happens on my E460: when I use touchpad to left click on a file, it becomes a mouse hold, which means if I move the mouse pointer at this moment, the file is dragged. I can only release the mouse hold by doing a mouse click again.

It really makes a lot of trouble as it causes me to accidentally drag some files. Also, when I am using excel, when I click on a cell, due to the mouse click becomes a mouse hold, so when I move the mouse pointer, it begins to highlight a range of cells.

I tried to updated the BIOS, and also update to the latest touchpad driver, but none of them solve the problem. I can only solve the problem by removing the touchpad driver, but this cause all the useful features (e.g. scrolling by using 2 fingers) disappear. Also, it causes another problem. When I'm using excel, I can't double click a cell to edit the text inside. I need to triple click to edit, which is very strange. So removing the touchpad driver can solve one problem but bringing two other problems........

Anyone had such kind of issues too? Any way to solve it? Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors