Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mishkoyu
Paper Tape
Views: 274
Message 1 of 1

Touchpad stops working at random times on Thinkpad Edge E520

I've been having this problem with the touchpad for some time now. I've updated the bios and installed the latest driver but for some reason the touchpad simply stops responding. The first sign of non-responsiveness is usually a failure to respond to commands to move the cursor and instead of moving the cursor it begins to scroll. Left and right click responsiveness is disabled or switched around and two finger scrolling is simply no longer functional. Restarting may resolve the issue for a brief period but problems begin to occur again pretty quickly. The trackpad nipple and buttons continue to work perfectly well and external mice are recognized and function normally. 

My first suspicion is that this is NOT a hardware issue. Why? I have uninstalled all UltraNav drivers which has reduced the touchpad functionality to the basics such as moving the cursor, tapping and left and right button clicking. I really miss two finger scrolling but for the past two months I have experienced no loss of functionality whatsoever. In other words, the touchpad works perfectly fine with basic functionality until I install the driver for it. This is very annoying and dissapointing as it suggests to me that Lenovo have been incapable of developing a functional driver for my product which is the least one can expect.

I do hope I get some replies to this post. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors