Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 8 (1,886 Views)

TrackPoint Not Working!!!!

I just purchased an E430 and the "period" key was loose.  Upon receiving and replacing the new keyboard, the trackpoint and left/right clickers now do not work.  I've downloaded the latest UltraNAV driver and that did not work.  I've tried to access my Bios at startup but the F1 key does nothing when my system is booting up.  I know my F1 key works fine, as it enables my mute and Google chrome help when I use it normally.  Any suggestions?  I don't think it's user issue from the new install as every other key on the keyboard works just fine.  Thanks!

802.11n
Message 2 of 8 (1,874 Views)

Re: TrackPoint Not Working!!!!

Regarding the trackpoint looks like a hardware issue.

Regarding the BIOS access it not shutting down Windows but RESTARTING it.

Cheers.

If I helped you, please give me some kudos! ^^

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 8 (1,865 Views)

Thanks! I was indeed able to access BIOS upon restarting and then hitting enter when "Lenovo" appeared.  Looks like everything was all in order too.

Guess I'll have to call and get another keyboard sent to me!

802.11n
Message 4 of 8 (1,857 Views)

Glad it helped.

It's because when you "shut down" W8 it really does some kind of... "hibernation" if you want. So it can then start faster later.

If you want to "really" shut down W8, press shift while doing so.

Regards.

Paper Tape
Message 5 of 8 (1,847 Views)

Good to know, that explains why when I open the laptop, it automatically starts up without me having to push the power button.

I'm still skeptical if this is a hardware issue with the trackpoint.  One would think that Lenovo tests their hardware before shipping out for warranty replacement.  Maybe if I uninstall the UltraNAV and then re-install?  Couldn't find any details about on the Bios either.  Where should I be looking?  Would be great if the IT person I called last night was able to have helped instead of telling me to "google search" what to do.....

802.11n
Message 6 of 8 (1,839 Views)

He. I'm not related to Lenovo in any way... Only forum contributor. Smiley Wink  So I couldn't answer that question...

You may want to try uninstalling all the Ultranav software, restarting and then seeing how it behaves. Also I would plug an external mouse to double check.

If it's still not working, that would be hardware.

Are you sure you connected all the cables from the trackpad and trackpoint?

PD: I don't know of a feat that "turns on the computer at opening the cover" for ThinkPads... O.o

Fanfold Paper
Message 7 of 8 (1,774 Views)

I'm having the same problem on my T520.  TrackPoint stopped working after I replaced my keyboard.  I've reinstalled ultra nav and tried sym drivers.  Also verified that TrackPoint was enabled in BIOs.

My fn-f8 option has disappeared, so not sure how to verify that trackpoint enabled.  Feel that it's a software issue but not sure where to check next?

Fanfold Paper
Message 8 of 8 (1,771 Views)

This form suggests that it could be a blown fuse

http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=100537

I'm going to see if I can replace mine.

Top kudoed Authors