Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 2 (818 Views)

TrackPoint on E520 Not working

I love my new lenovo E520

But it comes to my attention that my trackPoint wont work.

Before I go on, I must say that I am a computer technician and I am **bleep** good at what I do. You know something is wrong when I'm posting my problems here hoping that someone will help me out.

A little about my  machine with the upgrades I have made:

I5 @ 2.3GHz

8gb HyperX memory

60gb SSD

Win 7 PRO

Drivers from windows update and the regulars from the lenovo support page (including ultraNav)

So I go to the mouse settings in Control Panel and I click the UltraNav section and the who trackPoint section is grayed out. I put the taskbar icon and all the trackPoint is grayed out there too.

I Have a second machine that is exactly the same as this with the same specs and it all works.

Only difference is that since this is MY computer, I disabled the bluetooth radio, the wimax radio and the wan radio because a.)they take battery, b.)I am hyper sensative to the bluetooth radio. other than that, all the bios settings are the same.

Uninstalled the hardware for the mouse, uninstalled synaptics and ultranav and finally the device itself, restarted windows with the generic ps2 mouse driver. still no. installed ultranav again. still no. the three buttons below the stick don't work at all either.

Next on my list of attempts is this system update utillity from lenovo and then finally minixp to see if i even have functionallity from it and to make sure it's not a hardware problem. I'll let you know how these go but untill then, I hope you guys have something that'll help me out.

Thanks!

-Teale!

Former Employee
Message 2 of 2 (793 Views)

Re: TrackPoint on E520 Not working

hey teale,

while you try all of those, just ensure that the UltraNav driver is at 15.3.16.1 .

At the same time, maybe placing the unit in Diagnostic Mode via msconfig.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Top kudoed Authors