cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevenmcm
Not applicable
Views: 1,320
Message 1 of 10

Trackpad in E555 not showing up, and not installing in windows.

The trackpad on my new E555 - 20DH002TUS - only shows as a PS/2 in the Devices, no trackpad, and in the BIOS there is no option to enable or disable the trackpad.    
What could the problem be?

Steve

SEAlaa
Not applicable
Views: 1,305
Message 2 of 10

Re: Trackpad in E555 not showing up, and not installing in windows.

Dear Stevenmcm

Welcome in lenovo community

Kindly access the Mouse from control panel so that you can see all trackpad setting 

Let me know

Thanks

Alaa

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

stevenmcm
Not applicable
Views: 1,302
Message 3 of 10

There is no track pad setting.
It only shows up as a PS/2 Mouse.
It is not even showing up as a Device in the Device Manager. I believe it is a Driver issue.

SEAlaa
Not applicable
Views: 1,290
Message 4 of 10

Dear Stevenmcm

Kindly use the below link to download and install the latest update of the ultranave driver .

Link : http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-e555/20...

Note : Please remove the existing touchpad driver and install the new one .

Thanks

Alaa

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

stevenmcm
Not applicable
Views: 1,231
Message 5 of 10

I have downloaded and installed the driver, It tried to install the driver, but when I clicked the Install drivers now.  It came back with a popup, saying "Synaptics device not found!".

SEAlaa
Not applicable
Views: 1,224
Message 6 of 10

Dear Stevenmcm

Please got to the BIOS and reset it to the default setting and then save and exit .

Let me know

Thanks

Alaa

stevenmcm
Not applicable
Views: 1,219
Message 7 of 10

Ok I have reset the BIOS settings, to Default. And change OS Optimizations on (Supposed to be enabled for Windows 8). And then rebooted, It did not auto find any hard ware. I went into Devices Manager and did a Scan for hardware changes, with no change. I went into the PS/2 Mouse and Did a Update Drivers and there was no change. Did you want me to remove the PS/2 and see if it finds something?
SEAlaa
Not applicable
Views: 1,208
Message 8 of 10

Dear Stevenmcm

Can you please try to reset the machine to the factory setting and try to install the same driver once again ?

Be noted that if you faced the same error massage once again, so it might be a hardware issue .

Thanks

Alaa

stimarine
Not applicable
Views: 1,155
Message 9 of 10

I'm having this exact issue with the same model. Mine worked fine until a bios update. The touchpad works, but not the multi touch. It shows up in device manager and the mouse settings exactly the same way. I have reset bios, upgraded bios, rolled back to the original bios and notices the trackpad finally but doesnt install the drivers properly still. Please help, this is a new computer!

stimarine
Not applicable
Views: 1,108
Message 10 of 10

Anything? I would really like to have fully functioning computer. 

It worked with Windows 7 on it. Did a clean wipe and put 8.1 pro on it, not it wont install. If I go back to the 1.04 firmware it shows up and lets me install drivers, but the drivers don't actually work. This issue IS a BIOS issue. Please help me with this. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors