Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BR549DG
Blue Screen Again
Views: 746
Message 1 of 3

Ultra dock USB 3.0 specific app display issue - DraftSight/Google Sketch Up

Good day everyone:

I'm experiencing an issue with my Lenovo E570 ThinkPad(Windows 10 Professional)/Ultra dock USB 3.0 combo when using either DraftSight or Sketch Up .  I have two ViewSonic monitors, one plugged into the Display Port and one into the HDMI port.  When I open DraftSigh or Sketch Up the drawing enviroment is displayed in gray colour only.  The tool bars surrounding the drawing enviroment are displayed correctly and are fully active.  When the cursor is moved over the drawing area it disappears from view however the program is still aware of the location of the cursor as the corordinate system tracks its movement in the drawing enviroment.  This issue persists when a known good drawing is opened.  If I unplug the Thinkpad from the dock and plug one of the external monitors into the Thinkpad directly both DraftSight and Sketch up funtion normally.  I believe that I have the driver updated to the most recent vesion as per the Lenovo support site and various fix posts, see screenshot below.  My Lenovo set up is only a few weeks old.  My previous laptop/docking station combo (non-Lenovo) drove the twin viewsonics and diplayed DraftSight and Sketch Up correctly. 

Has  anyone had a similar issue that they have been able to correct or does anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing this issue?

Capture 1.PNG

BR549DG
Blue Screen Again
Views: 687
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ultra dock USB 3.0 specific app display issue - DraftSight/Google Sketch Up

So, I'm guessing from the dead silence here that no one has any ideas as to why the Ultra dock USB 3.0 is unable to support either of these common drafting programs.  I'm as certain as I can be that both of these programs are functioning correctly and other users on other systems are not experiencing this issue.  I have seen many if not all of the posts regarding upgrading the firmware/drivers for this dock and none of these fixes have touched this issue.  Interestingly enough I did not have any of the issues the the upgrades were intended to fix.

Any thoughts...any one...

metallurgynerd
What's DOS?
Views: 621
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ultra dock USB 3.0 specific app display issue - DraftSight/Google Sketch Up

Sorry, no thoughts on a solution, but I have the exact same issue with DraftSight when using a WavLink USB 3.0 dock and ThinkPad E570.  Pretty obnoxious since one of the primary uses for this laptop is for my wife to do drafting using external monitors.  Sort of a waste of a $1300 system upgrade including laptop, monitors, stands, and docking station.  I tried updating even to the latest "Alpha" (non-production) DisplayLink driver to see if it was just the driver version, but no change.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors