Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heoje
Punch Card
Views: 4,768
Message 1 of 12

Unable to perform factory restore ThinkPad edge E330

I just bough a new ThinkPad edge E330 with Windows 8 64bit. I want to perform factory reser but I did wrong (I choose "Reset Your PC") After that I went back to Windows 8 and tried to make a Rescue and Recovery Disk using the Windows 8 feature but I again got the same message asking me to insert the installation disks for Windows 8.(I dont even have a place to put DVD)

I cant perform any factory reset now what should I do please help me

I didnt do a backup of recovery media as stated here I didnt know http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=HT076024

How can I factory reset my PC now? I still have my lenovo_recovery hidden drive which is around 17gb I followed this method here https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/Unable-to-perform-factory-restore-ThinkPad... but it didnt work for me.

Please help me I am desperate.

pkruse
Punch Card
Views: 4,720
Message 2 of 12

Re: Unable to perform factory restore ThinkPad edge E330

I feel your pain. Borrow media or go buy a copy. My Twist adventure ended with the system running faster after reloading and setting up the ExpressCache myself.

Not much help. But rooting for you!
heoje
Punch Card
Views: 4,715
Message 3 of 12

What do you mean so there is no solution?

pkruse
Punch Card
Views: 4,690
Message 4 of 12

Don't lose hope. I noted you do not have an external dvd drive to use, so my option of W8 media is even more difficult. Hopefully a few of the smart guys can point you at something.
heoje
Punch Card
Views: 4,687
Message 5 of 12

Can I copy everything from lenovo_recovry hidden recovery storage to USB drive and then reinstall windows?

how do I do that and make the usb bootable?

Or can I move the recoveryimage files in lenovo_recovry to my C:/ and then factory reset?

heoje
Punch Card
Views: 4,655
Message 6 of 12

Can someone please tell my why the option "reset ur pc" did this to me? I dont understand I didnt do anything wrong.

Windows is saying:

"Some required files are missing. To troubleshoot problems when your PC can't start, use your Windows Installation disk or media." This is the message I get when I try to create a recovery disk

heoje
Punch Card
Views: 4,630
Message 7 of 12

Let me remind u that I still have my hidden partiton HDD, lenovo_recovery with image file there but I dont know how to recover from there

Should I use onekeyrecovery 8.0? http://plus.evozi.com/143/lenovo-one-key-recovery-okr-8-0-iso-and-download-and-setup-guide/

heoje
Punch Card
Views: 4,599
Message 8 of 12

Anyone 

heoje
Punch Card
Views: 4,578
Message 9 of 12

Should I repair windows as stated in this guide http://techmell.net/how-to/refresh-reset-windows-8/

heoje
Punch Card
Views: 4,559
Message 10 of 12

I cant find, recovery.ini or service_done.ini or anything anywhere. I only have the main two partitons for recoverying but they are useless and not working! its lenovo_recovery and SYSTEM_DRV

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors