Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 2 (469 Views)

Unable to start Dolby Audio Drivers error message

I have been upgrading some Lenovo laptops recently to Windows 10. Mainly Thinkpad E531 and E545. Each time I upgrade one, it reboots saying: Unable to start the Dolby Audio driver. Please restart the computer or reinstall the driver if the problem persists."

Restarting the laptop does NOT solve the problem. Reinstalling the driver does NOT solve the problem. Unstalling the Conexant 20671 and drivers via Device Manager does NOT solve the problem. Uninstalling the Dolby drivers does not work, either through Settings>System>Apps and Features or through Control Panel. Nor does reinstalling the driver after that. (Although, to be honest I am not sure i am installing the correct driver as I cannot find one for Windows 10 on the Lenovo site.)

I tried searching for Dolby is the C: drive search bar for a Dolby.msi (as per this posting https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Dolby-advanced-problem-with-E531/td-p/1... ) but couldn't find one in the search results.

Whilst it is easy to click OK on the error box, it is annoying when it is day after day after day after day etc etc etc.

Can someone please help? This is ridiculous.

Fanfold Paper
Message 2 of 2 (438 Views)

Re: Unable to start Dolby Audio Drivers error message

Absolutely no help whatsoever?? Wow. Thanks everyone, says I, sarcastically.

Top kudoed Authors