Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nintendo78
What's DOS?
Views: 1,464
Message 1 of 4

Unable to update Thinkpad Bluetooth on Windows 7SP1

I purchased a Lenovo Think Pad Edge 2 months ago and continuosly have experienced bluetooth connectivity issues with my mouse, mainly disconnecting or jumping when scrolling to the point that it is not useable. I tried to resolve this issue by downloading and installing the specific Lenovo ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced data Rate Software II for Windows 7 (32-bit,64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit) but it wouldn't install and on booting the machine now leaves me with message "BTTray.exe - System Error" I have spent countless hours trawling the net and forums trying to resolve the issue with no luck, in the end I gave up. However, today I received a Microsoft update for the "Broadcom Bus Controller and Ports ThinkPad Bluetooth 3.00". This raised my hopes of a succesful outcome but once again the software will not install giving the same message as with the Lenovo driver update. Error 1935: An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80.CRT,type="win32-policy",version="8.0.50727.42",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86".Please refer t... The software then rolls back the install action and I end up with a system that as above still gives me: "BTTray.exe System Error The Program can't start because btwhidcs.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." Of course re-installing does not help. A tool I discovered at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970652 does not work either. However, I do not have Visual Studio (and frankly do not see how that is going to solve my Bluetooth installation issue) Any Ideas?
Former Employee
Views: 1,436
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to update Thinkpad Bluetooth on Windows 7SP1

hey Nintendo78,

could you try uninstalling the current BlueTooth driver that is installed on your machine.

this should then make Win7 install its generic drivers. once generic drivers has been installed; could you then try your mouse again.

btw, which mouse is this ? is this one of the Lenovo BlueTooth mouse or is it a thirdparty mouse?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Nintendo78
What's DOS?
Views: 1,414
Message 3 of 4

Hi Serge,

Thanks, generic drivers have reinstalled and the mouse is working but still not smoothly with random disconnections. Mouse is a Razer pro model but similar issues with an old Acer one. Still getting the "BTTray.exe - System Error" at startup. The Lenovo and " Microsoft update" drivers will still not install, giving Error 1935 as above in my previous post.

Ninte

wieczorek1990
What's DOS?
Views: 1,323
Message 4 of 4

I got this Bluetooth drivers install by uninstalling the old one, downloading the package through ThinkVantage and after failed installation, installing it manually (option in ThinkVantage).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors