Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techeretic
Paper Tape
Views: 1,101
Message 1 of 4

Upgrading the Thinkpad Edge Screen

I recently bought a Thinkpad Edge 15 with the ATI graphics card, i5-560, 8 GB of RAM and a 500 GB HDD. Everything is perfect apart from the screen resolution. The screen looks good, but i can do with a better resolution that 1366x768. So i was just wondering if there is a way i can upgrade the screen by the official lenovo channels, maybe take my laptop to a lenovo service centre nearby and they can replace the screen.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,054
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrading the Thinkpad Edge Screen

all of the screens on all of the edge models have 1366x768.  the only choices are between glossy and matte.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
techeretic
Paper Tape
Views: 1,023
Message 3 of 4

i know that, coz i already own one

i was wondering if it could e possible to take a high res screen from some other thinkpad series and replace the one on edge, after sales obviously, and i am willing to pay for the extra costs.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,020
Message 4 of 4

it would probably be a fairly major modification. cables are going to be different lengths, connected in different places.  i'm sure it could be done, but i doubt if anybody has done it yet, so there isn't gonna be any references to it. so what i'm getting at is, you would probably be on your own.  you would probably mess with the warranty changing it out also.  and i doubt that  lenovo would be willing to swap out an lcd panel with one that doesn't belong with the edge.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors