Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hgp
Paper Tape
Views: 2,515
Message 1 of 3

Webcam not working

I can't get my webcam to work. It did work before but I don't know why it's not there now.

It's not recognised by Skype or any test sites and I can't find a link to it anywhere on the computer.

I tried downloading a driver from the Lenovo website but it does not give an option for the Thinkpad Edge 11.

Can anyone help please?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,510
Message 2 of 3

Re: Webcam not working

It looks like this is the camera driver for an Edge 11:

0.3M Integrated Camera Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - ThinkPad ...

But first, what happens when you press Fn-F6?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

hgp
Paper Tape
Views: 2,504
Message 3 of 3

Re: Webcam not working

Thanks. I've downloaded the driver but it says that it cannot detect the USB device.

When I press Fn F6 or Fn F5 nothing happens.

I've tried removing the screen bevel to take a look and the camera is definitely connected.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors