Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikko63
Paper Tape
Views: 5,550
Message 1 of 5

Win7 Clean Install : freeze on Starting Windows

Hello

Sorry for my english level, I am french.

I have a problem with my new E550.

I bought a SSD drive (SanDisk Ultra II), and I want to install Win7 Pro 64 bits on it (it's not the original drive of the laptop, it's a other).

I disable the Secure Boot on the BIOS.

The DVD boot is OK, but after the "Windows is loading files", the screen "freeze" on Windows Starting... Smiley Sad

I don't think that is an ISO problem, I tried two different ISO and the problem is the same.

Can you help me please ?

Thanks in advance

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 5,529
Message 2 of 5

Re: Win7 Clean Install : freeze on Starting Windows

Hi,

Are you trying to install in UEFI mode?  Windows 7 in UEFI mode requires CSM support.  If you have the option in BIOS, turn on CSM support.  It should be somewhere near the UEFI/legacy options.

If you prefer to install in legacy mode you can disable Load OS Optimized Defaults, the Load Setup Defaults, Exit Saving Changes.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

nikko63
Paper Tape
Views: 5,525
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

I enable Legacy mod and the Win7 install was OK Smiley Happy

In fact, It's just a step to migrate to Win10.

I will reactive default option for the Win10 clean install.

Thx

amex
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,746
Message 4 of 5

Hello,

I have the same problem with the freeze "Starting Windows" when I try to install clear windows 7 on my X201 Tablet. This model have not UEFI and what is the reason in this case?

Thnak you in advance for all answers!

eyeswideshut120
What's DOS?
Views: 1,149
Message 5 of 5

I've the same problem: I need to install clean Win7 or Win10 but there is always this message of freeze on Starting Windows.
I've a Lenovo Thinkpad L412 with 1.39 Bios version, that it haven't UEFI option.

How do you have resolve it?

Thanks so much

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors