Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joorgo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 27,249
Message 1 of 8

Yoga 11E Touch Screen Not Working

Hello,

I recently upgraded the mechanical hard drive that came with my Yoga 11E to an ssd. I ran Lenovo system update and then Windows Update. But the touchscreen is not working. Under device manager there are a few exclamation points. Under Human Interface Devices there are 2 entries for I2C HID both have a warning. I tried to update them but it says they driver is update and the exclamation point remains. I am not sure if this is the reason why my touch screen is not working but any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

StJoes
Paper Tape
Views: 26,840
Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga 11E Touch Screen Not Working

I am having the same problem. After reimaging, touch screen is not responding. I too checked device manager and found there are 2 human interface device drivers with exclamation points, named I2c HID. A search found Intel device drivers on Lenovo support site and  I downloaded and installed the drivers (n15hc03w.exe). The status of the drivers on device manager did not change. I tried to update these drivers and pointed to the local folder drivers\win\I2C onbut got a message saying "drivers for device are up to date' . Tried 'scan for hardware' still no change to these Human Interface Device. Any ideas?

whoa
Paper Tape
Views: 26,700
Message 3 of 8

What worked for me:

Go to C:\DRIVERS\WIN\I2C\

Right click iaioi2ce.inf and select Install

Note: You may have to do the same for iaiogpioe.inf in C:\DRIVERS\WIN\GPIO\.  (This follows downloading and extracting the Intel GPIO drvier).

mleroy
Paper Tape
Views: 26,299
Message 4 of 8

Problem solved!!! Got in touch with a Lenovo engineer and he supplied a link to the SCCM/MDT driver package.

I imported the drivers to my deployment share and created a selection profile for my deployment task sequence and it worked like a charm.

SCCM/MDT Yoga 11e (20DA0 Windows driver pack

https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/dml_ur_ti_mdt_2.0.pdf

charlie_medo
What's DOS?
Views: 21,910
Message 5 of 8

I had the same problem.  After performing a clean-install of Windows 10 Pro (Did not like all that blotware that Lenovo puts in these systems) and "thinking" that I had installed all drivers, I found that touchscreen did not work.  I solved it by RE-installing the i2c drivers.  It was confusing because there was nothing in Device Manager that indicated any drivers were missing, plus when I ran the .exe file for the i2c drivers all it did was "extract" the files, but it did not install anything!

So here is how I went about it:  Opened device manager, clicked on "system devices" to locate the i2c device.  I looked for anything with "i2c" in it, and saw 2 entries: "Intel Atom Celeron Pentium Processor............i2c........[etc, etc]".  I went ahead and manually installed the drivers: right-clicked the item, clidked "update driver software", clidked "browse my computer for driver software", and navigated to where the driver files had been extracted to-as explained above.  After the drivers were installed successfully, the names of the devices changed to "i2c controller".  Rebooted the computer and VOILA! The touch screen worked again! 

Opened "control panel", "system" and there it said: "Touch Support With 10 Touch Points"

Sitoshi
Paper Tape
Views: 18,002
Message 6 of 8

Hi guys.

So... same issue as loads on here. Recived the laptop and proceeded to blast it with the company image and low and behold, no touch screen. I have tried manually loaded a I2C driver from Lenovo but to no avail. Done some googling and found various other drivers again to no avail. Kinda stuck. Surely its just a question of missing drivers if its a piece of hardware not working?

justhelping1
What's DOS?
Views: 4,461
Message 7 of 8

Hi everyone.

I have searched all over google for a solution to the touch screen not working and none of them worked for me.

However, I just went back to basics and found something that worked.

I simply went to :

https://support.lenovo.com/fr/en/downloads/ds012808

Downloaded and installed the software. It then suggested I do a number of updates. I installed all of them including the BIOS update and it worked. Please be advised though, some people recommend backing up your drivers before doing this. If you do update the BIOS, DO NOT interrupt the process - it doesn't take more than 5 minutes or so.

I didn't back up any of my drivers or settings and everything worked fine. Please use your own discretion.

Good luck and all the best!

ksadeckas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,666
Message 8 of 8

Thank you so much.  You are my hero.  Microsoft techs reimaged my Yoga 11e to upgrade the version 1803 of Windows 10.  Everything worked but the touch screen.  I spent 2 weeks searching for  a fix.  You had it.  Thanks. 

Top Kudoed Authors