Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klwdallas
Paper Tape
Views: 1,119
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 11e (20D9) Keyboard intermittent

(Yoga 11e 20D9). The keyboard is very intermittent. The mouse sometimes stops working. Most of the time if I close the lid for several seconds and open it again, it will work.

I've opened a support issue. They provided a "new*" keyboard which I installed. Made no difference. Then they recommended that I update all the drivers, etc. and run diagnostics. No problems found. Power management update actually seemed to make Touchpad very flaky. Removed.

Now they are saying to take it to a repair center. When I call there, the guy says he's never heard of the problem (even though it's easy to find others with the problem online). He wants to replace the motherboard.

Strongly considering just sending it back.

(The keyboard wasn't working when I opened it for the very first time out of the box. Then it started working a few minutes later after I rebooted. I thought it was just a peculiarity of these laptop/tablet things. I should have just sent it back before I invested hours in getting the thing all set up.)

*new = older than the original one according to date stamp

Guru
Views: 1,079
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 11e (20D9) Keyboard intermittent

Hi

I was checking the support site for this model.  Can you check which BIOS version are you using.

On the latest BIOS update readme there is a fix related to the keyboard. I'm not sure if it will help you solve your problem but you can give it a try.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

klwdallas
Paper Tape
Views: 1,073
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, but I have already installed every update available.

I do have BIOS 1.26 installed already.

I have ordered another one to see if it has the same issue. Maybe I just got a bad one?

klwdallas
Paper Tape
Views: 986
Message 4 of 4

I returned it and the new one works fine.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors