Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MB6919
What's DOS?
Views: 4,871
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 11e Touch Screen not working

Hi, I have recently (Dec 2015) purchased a Yoga 11e. The touch screen function has stopped working. Both Windows 10 and Lenovo Support apps say that all updates are in place. I suspect that a Windows update (~31 Jan 2016) might be the fault - could be wrong. Any ideas? Thanks.

ps: I tad annoying the the "worlds biggest computer company" (or similar publicity claim) does not have a 24/7 web chat support function

Highlighted
charlie_medo
What's DOS?
Views: 4,319
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 11e Touch Screen not working

I had the same problem.  After performing a clean-install of Windows 10 Pro (Did not like all that blotware that Lenovo puts in these systems) and "thinking" that I had installed all drivers, I found that touchscreen did not work.  I solved it by RE-installing the i2c drivers (downloaded from Yoga 11e support page).  It was confusing because there was nothing in Device Manager that indicated any drivers were missing, plus when I ran the .exe file for the i2c drivers all it did was "extract" the files, but it did not install anything!

So here is how I went about it:  Opened device manager, clicked on "system devices" to locate the i2c device.  I looked for anything with "i2c" in it, and saw 2 entries: "Intel Atom Celeron Pentium Processor............i2c........[etc, etc]".  I went ahead and manually installed the drivers: right-clicked the item, clidked "update driver software", clidked "browse my computer for driver software", and navigated to where the driver files had been extracted to-as explained above.  After the drivers were installed successfully, the names of the devices changed to "i2c controller".  Rebooted the computer and VOILA! The touch screen worked again! 

Opened "control panel", "system" and there it said: "Touch Support With 10 Touch Points"

jcpj92071
What's DOS?
Views: 3,536
Message 3 of 3

Re: [FIXED] Yoga 11e Touch Screen not working

this worked for me... yea..

I called support and got a woman in Atlanta. She had no opions but to send it in to get repaired. But taht mean returning it back to Windows 8. I told her what I was reading online about the I2C driver. She told me that if I Googled [ds104324] it will take me diectly to the diver I needed. I had to tell the system that I had my own disk to use for the driver update. Once installed it worked, just like this person detaied in his post. Hope this helps everone with this problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors