Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
batdan23
Paper Tape
Views: 4,311
Message 1 of 37

Yoga 11e touch screen not working after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi, have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and the touch screen is not working so unable to use in tablet mode. I have run Lenovo system update and all devices are showing OK in device manager.

When I go to about PC in Windows 10 I get "no pen or touch input is available for this display".

Have installed drivers from Lenovo website for chipset, gpio, sideband, monitor and display. No success.

Everything else is working OK. Any suggestions?

tvscadmin
What's DOS?
Views: 4,243
Message 2 of 37

Re: Yoga 11e touch screen not working after Windows 10 upgrade

I also have have this issue. I have been fighting it for 2 days now. 

batdan23
Paper Tape
Views: 4,225
Message 3 of 37

@tvscadmin wrote:

I also have have this issue. I have been fighting it for 2 days now. 

OK, let me know if you have any success. Will update also if any luck.

steenkh
Paper Tape
Views: 4,213
Message 4 of 37

I have the same problem: No exclamation marks in the Device Manager, everything seems to be fine, except the touch screen ability has been lost. There is no HID touch screen driver present, and Lenovo does not seem to have one for downloading.

I have nothing connected to any USB port.

steenkh
Paper Tape
Views: 4,198
Message 5 of 37

Update: I opened a support ticket at Lenovo, and an IBM supporter contacted me. He asked if I had followed the instructions in this document: https://support.lenovo.com/dk/da/documents/ht103616 where it says that I have to uninstall a number of programs and drivers. I had never seen the document before, so I will now have to downgrade to Windows 8.1 and follow the instructions for re-upgrading to Windows 10.

Remember that you can only downgrade easily within one month of upgrading to Windows 10.
batdan23
Paper Tape
Views: 4,163
Message 6 of 37

I would be suprised if that works. It is a generic guide for doing an in place upgrade. When you did the upgrade did you choose to keep your programs and settings, or did you choose to install Windows only? I chose the Windows only option.

steenkh
Paper Tape
Views: 4,151
Message 7 of 37

I did as requested, and the downgrade to Windows 8.1 was no problem, but I had none of the programs that should be uninstalled. I updated everything I could, and re-upgraded to Windows 10.

Still same problem.

I have never been asked if I wanted to upgrade Windows  only; in fact, I think it only upgrades Windows. All my programs work, apart from the firewall, which I have to reinstall.

steenkh
Paper Tape
Views: 4,148
Message 8 of 37

By the way, I found this document: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht103535

It clearly states that the Yoga 11e can be upgraded to Windows 10. I am going to insist that Lenovo's support finds a driver for the touch screen.
batdan23
Paper Tape
Views: 4,136
Message 9 of 37

How are you contacting Lenovo support? What is the best way? If you get a reference number let me know and I'll log a support request - and link it to yours.

steenkh
Paper Tape
Views: 4,129
Message 10 of 37

My Yoga 11e is still under warranty until December, so I just followed Lenovo's support options and opened a ticket. I was sent to pchelp@dk.ibm.com, i.e. a Danish support site where I got ticket number 303HQ7T. I shall see if I can find the original ticket number when I get home.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors