Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patnik
Paper Tape
Views: 5,697
Message 21 of 37

Re: Yoga 11e touch screen not working after Windows 10 upgrade

Today I go from upgrade win10 to clean win10 ... and  touch screen again not working. Is there somebody with clean instalation W10 and working touchscreen ?   ( ThinkPad 11e Type 20D9, 20DA )

MWlen
What's DOS?
Views: 5,632
Message 22 of 37

Hi,

it's the same here. With a clean install the tochscreen isn't working.

I had to do a workaround like discribed already: Uninstalling the 2 entries of I2C controller in the device manager and using the I2C drivers for windows 8.1 64 bit from the lenovo support page and installing them manually over the device manager. After that touchscreen worked again.

But now I have another issue:

Is there anyone else who has Problems with his touchpad on Windows 10 after getting the touchscreen working again?

The left click on the pad is not recognised everytime. I move with the touchpad to a button then onetime tipping the touchpad and nothing happened. Touching again and everything is fine.

I tried different touchpad setting but still got the same result.

patnik
Paper Tape
Views: 5,545
Message 23 of 37

sorry. but which entries unistal - i test all - no efect.

and which drivers can I use - for win 8 lenovo has only sccm package and there Vista i2c drivers, but  no driver " compatible" with some entries ... so no touch display fo me. 

WoodburyMan
What's DOS?
Views: 5,449
Message 24 of 37

I purchased a 11e Type 20D9 the other day. It came with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled. I did a fresh clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1511 Build from a DVD and touch screen did not work like everyone else. I tried all other methods here, nothing worked. 

The key issue with this is the GPIO drivers. Nothing else. Microsoft has a built in GPIO driver for Windows 10 dated Mid-2014 that DOES NOT WORK. I even tried installing the GPIO driver from Lenovo's site, which is dated July 2015, does not work either.

What DID work for me was downloading the LATEST GPIO driver for Windows 10 DIRECTLY FROM INTEL. Here is the link  

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25122/Proc-IO-Intel-Processor-IO-controllers-driver-for-Wi...

The file to download for Windows 10 is IO_Win10_99.16.55518.zip  and within the zip file run SetupSerialIO.exe

Hope this helps. 

steenkh
Paper Tape
Views: 5,400
Message 25 of 37

This is fantastic! The Intel driver works, and the Microsoft and Lenovo drivers do not work. Thanks a lot for posting this solution.

Now I can tell Lenovo's support team that they can close the case they have done nothing about for more than half a year.
patnik
Paper Tape
Views: 5,353
Message 26 of 37

And the winner is ... WoodburyMan ... ( and Intel driver ). Thanks a lot. 

miggy_trinidad
What's DOS?
Views: 5,217
Message 27 of 37

can you send me the driver? the link is not working for me. thanks a lot! Smiley Happy

steenkh
Paper Tape
Views: 5,199
Message 28 of 37

To what address should the driver be sent?
miggy_trinidad
What's DOS?
Views: 5,175
Message 29 of 37

PMed you! Thanks!!
happyhelix
What's DOS?
Views: 4,042
Message 30 of 37

@WoodburyMan wrote:

I purchased a 11e Type 20D9 the other day. It came with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled. I did a fresh clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1511 Build from a DVD and touch screen did not work like everyone else. I tried all other methods here, nothing worked. 

The key issue with this is the GPIO drivers. Nothing else. Microsoft has a built in GPIO driver for Windows 10 dated Mid-2014 that DOES NOT WORK. I even tried installing the GPIO driver from Lenovo's site, which is dated July 2015, does not work either.

What DID work for me was downloading the LATEST GPIO driver for Windows 10 DIRECTLY FROM INTEL. Here is the link  

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25122/Proc-IO-Intel-Processor-IO-controllers-driver-for-Wi...

The file to download for Windows 10 is IO_Win10_99.16.55518.zip  and within the zip file run SetupSerialIO.exe

Hope this helps. 

I just got a Yoga 11e that came with Windows 10 and didn't yoga at all. This driver did it. Full laptop/tablet recognition and touchscreen support.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors