Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paddy45
What's DOS?
Views: 451
Message 1 of 4

integrated camera thinkpad e540

Recently installed win 10 on think pad e 540. The integrated camera/web cam would not work. I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the windows 8.1 integrated camera driver and it worked for a day then stopped working. Microsoft help could not remedy it. Is there a win 10 driver for the integrated camera or a way to fix this I use skype all the time and this is very frustrating. Paddy

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 444
Message 2 of 4

Re: integrated camera thinkpad e540

Good day and welcome to the community.

Out of curiosity, if you go through the the steps again of uninstalling the camera driver and reinstalling the W8.1 driver, does the camera work again, even for a day? If so, maybe Windows Update is seeing the 8.1 driver and auto-installing a non-working driver over top of the 8.1 driver.

Please let us know what you find.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

yawa
What's DOS?
Views: 365
Message 3 of 4

Hi there,

my camera doesn't work after upgrade with win10, too. I've tried to reinstall the driver from the lenovo site, but it didn't help. They have win8 driver only. Any idea? 

yawa
What's DOS?
Views: 340
Message 4 of 4

I called Lenovo support in Germany on Friday, but they said, they don't have any Win10 driver for the integrated camera yet, so I shoul wait for it or go back to Win7 Smiley Sad Is that true?!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors