Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdzen
What's DOS?
Views: 664
Message 1 of 3

maximizing Li-ion battery life

I own a ThinkPad Edge 15 with a 9 cell 2.8Ah Li-Ion Battery. Hoping someone has an informed opinion about when to use battery vs AC adapter. I'm guessing that even if I ALWAYS have access to AC power, I should occasionally operate my laptop off the battery-alone to discharge battery. However, I have no idea what's the happy medium. Thanks in advance for any input.

Retired Partner
Views: 643
Message 2 of 3

Re: maximizing Li-ion battery life

I can understand very well your question on battery.

I suggest you after the battery charge up to 100 percent then you should remove the power adapter and once the battery left with 5 to 10 percent then connect the power adapter.

You need to make sure if the power adapter is connected to the laptop then it should disconnect after the battery charge up to  100 percent.

To know more detail on the batter please refer to the mentioned below web link.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/diagnose-and-fix/detail.page?DocID=HT036996

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 613
Message 3 of 3

Re: maximizing Li-ion battery life

Not sure whether the Thinkvantage power manager has the battery maintenance function. But for general uses you use the battery reset option every 2 to 3 months when you are not always discharging the battery from full to 5% and then recharging back again.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors