Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afcross
Serial Port
Views: 8,899
Message 1 of 4

"HD Anti-Glare" and "HD Glare" - Edge 11

Some models on the Lenovo web site are shown as having a display screen described as "HD Anti-Glare", and others as "HD Glare". Are these different technologies, or is this a typo? Sonds like they are opposites, so they can't both be good!

Do some Edge 11s have LED backlit displays, or all of them?

Highlighted
afcross
Serial Port
Views: 8,847
Message 2 of 4

Re: "HD Anti-Glare" and "HD Glare" - Edge 11

I have had a reply from Lenovo (via Digital River), which contradicts what I was told on the phone yesterday by Lenovo:

"The display type is different.

For model number NVY5FUK it is a anti glare display
and
For model number NVY4LUK the display is glare.

The network card is the same in both models."

Actually that's no more than I had read in the spec sheets, but the implication is that there are two types of display - or someone at Digital River has simply read from the same spec sheet that was wrong.

Can anyone shed any light on this, from personal experience? Does the 5FUK possibly have the matt screen that the x100e/x120e have?
I think it bizarre that all the Reference Sheets on the Lenovo web site talk about every Edge machine except the 11" range.

solo21
Paper Tape
Views: 8,821
Message 3 of 4

I thought the difference between the 2 models was the lid - one is black gloss and one is black matte.

afcross
Serial Port
Views: 8,812
Message 4 of 4

I haven't got to the bottom of which have glossy lids and which have matt lids (it's a matter of relatively low importance to me), but the "Glare" and "Anti-Glare" references are definitely referring to the screen, according to numerous phone conversations with Lenovo Customer support. The specs on the Lenovo site also make that connection quite clear.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors